Problems using Planon for the Academic Year 2012/13?
Please try the following steps to resolve your problem before contacting the Room Bookings Office:
- Ensure you're using the VPN if you're not on campus (see below). You must use the VPN to access Planon from off-campus, or you will see a "Page cannot be displayed" error.
- Use your IT Services SOCS account to log into the York website, and to Planon Web. Your Planon password is now the same as your socs account password. If you're having problems logging in or have forgotten your log in details, please contact email@example.com.
- Check with YUSU that your society/club ratification details have been confirmed to us - if they haven't, you won't be able to log on until we receive an email from the relevant YUSU Officer.
- If you're still having problems, please contact us. We will try to resolve your problem, though please note we will not be able to add bookings on your behalf if your society information has not been confirmed by YUSU.
In general if your booking is for an ordinary society meeting then all you need to do is to request your booking via Planon and wait for your booking confirmation.
Please note: bookings are currently possible until 28th July 2013.
If you occasionally need to book a room as an individual rather than as part of a society then you should fill in the Student Booking Form. Please note: the block-booking of rooms for long periods is not acceptable, and individual bookings should generally last no longer than 4 hours each day.
If your booking falls into one of the following categories then you will need to complete an Events Management Form. Please see the Health and Safety Department Event Pages for more information, or contact the Information Centre.
- Social Event. Disco, concert, performance, poetry reading, music or other social event.
- Event with high risk such as abseiling.
- Statutory Nuisance. Potential for nuisance such as noise pollution
- Food and Drink. Any event where food and/or drink is required
- Outdoor events. Any event taking place outside, regardless of what it involves.
- Outside speaker. Any event to which an outside speaker is to be invited. Your attention is drawn to the University Regulations on Freedom of Speech.
- Other. Any booking where people from outside the institution are coming onto the campus and any event involving large numbers of people. For example, a careers fair or sale.
These types of bookings cannot take place unless you have completed the relevant form through the Information Centre allowing sufficient notice. If you are unsure as to which category your booking falls into please speak to staff in the Information Centre directly.
Please note that if your event requires audio-visual or portering support then you will be charged for the equipment and staffing provided to you. Please contact the relevant departments directly for further details.
There is no porter based in Central Hall. If you make a booking in this building you must contact the Reception Coordinators to discuss your booking requirements and to find out whether portering charges will be payable. If you don't arrange for portering, Central Hall will not be unlocked for your booking. The Timetabling and Room Bookings Office cannot arrange portering on your behalf.
Planon is the University's room booking system. All booking requests must be submitted through your society username as individual student accounts are not recognised. If you don't think your society has a PC account or you have any questions about setting up or running a student society, please contact the Student Activities Officer in the first instance.
Planon is not available from off-campus. If you do want to be able to have off-campus access to Planon then you will need to use the VPN (Virtual Private Network).
Booking a room
- Make sure you're logged into Planon (using your SOCS account)
- Click on Room Bookings from the menu on the left
- Click on Request Room Booking/View my Bookings to submit a request
Help using the system
Please see the Guide to Timetabling and Room Bookings for further information. If you can't find the answers to your questions in this document please telephone staff in the Timetabling and Room Bookings Office on weekdays between the hours of 09:00 and 17:00. Alternatively please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.