YCR Cancer Research Unit, Department of Biology
University of York,
PO Box 373,
York YO10 5YW, UK.
Tel (within UK.):
Fax: (01904) 328710
Tel (outside UK.):
Welcome to the YCR Cancer Research Unit
- Dr Fiona M Frame was awarded an Oral Presentation Award at the British Association of Cancer/Gray Institute DNA Damage Repair Conference held at St Catherine's College at the University of Oxford on March 14th 2012. She presented her work describing the DNA damage response in prostate cancer stem cells.
- Graduate student Jayant Rane has been selected as a fellow to attend 61st Nobel Laureates meeting in Lindau, 26 June - 1 July 2011, Germany. Focus: Physiology and medicine.
- Jayant also won the Travel Award for an Outstanding Poster Abstract: European Association of Urology Section of Urological Research (ESUR) meeting, 7-9 October 2010, Vilnius, Lithuania; the Oral presentation prize: International Conference on Stem Cells and Cancer, 11-14 December 2010, Pune, India; and the KM Stott prize for 1st year poster presentation in the department of Biology, University of York, York. June 2010.
- Dr. Fiona M Frame was awarded second prize in the poster competition at the 'Frontiers in Cancer Stem Cell Research: From basic science towards a cure' conference held in Oslo, Norway in December 2009. This was an international meeting attended by around 300 scientists.
- Prof Maitland Receives Prestigious Award
- Latest publications
Funded by Yorkshire Cancer Research, an independent cancer charity,
YCR Cancer Research Unit specialises in studying Prostate and Cervical
Back to the Top