CAVU have launched a package of fantastic projects, all designed to make a difference in the community and help you build up your CV and experience. The hours you put in will count towards a national v award.
- Get interactive at York Castle Museum?
- Staff an information point at the National Railway Museum?
- Catalogue trains, cranes and signal boxes in the National Railway Museum storage unit?
- Run a youth consultation for Young Groves Youth Club?
- Co-ordinate the creation of a sensory garden for adults with learning disabilities?
- Inspire young people to make a difference through volunteering?
- Work with Northern Rail to teach children about transport?
- Found a children's cookery school with support from Betty's?
- Help pupils with special needs at Applefields School set up their own small business running a tuck shop?
- Work with Children's Services to develop a mentoring scheme for disadvantaged young people?
To apply for all projects:
- email email@example.com for details of the projects and an application form, or pick one up from the Careers Service
Volunteering Project Officer
York Cares/Community and Volunteering Unit
University of York