Information Projects Forum
Contact: Sarah Kirkup, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Chair: Stephen Town, email email@example.com
Purpose: To oversee the implementation of strategic
information projects agreed by the Information Strategy Group.
Terms of Reference
- To have oversight of the implementation of strategic information projects to ensure consistency with the University's Information Strategy, and which reflects the views of stakeholders, and is coherent across the University in terms of staff, systems and processes.
- To ensure that the information management processes in relation to strategic information projects (which support research, learning, teaching and management) are developed in a coherent and long term manner across all academic and administrative departments, as appropriate.
- To ensure that arrangements are made for coherent project management, including budgetary control, procurement and implementation processes.
- To oversee, monitor and advise on publicity strategies for strategic information projects across the University.
- To advise the Information Strategy Group of potential strategic information projects.
- To scope and develop business plans for projects on behalf of the Information Strategy Group.
- To consider relevant matters referred by other bodies.
- To ensure that project implementation takes account of equality of opportunity and other similar responsibilities including European Directives under the Treaty of Rome.
- To report to the Information Strategy Group and other bodies, as appropriate.
[Back to the Top]
Membership for 2012/13
|The Director of Information (Chair)
|3 senior academics
||Social Sciences: vacant
|Sciences: Dr James Chong
|Arts and Humanities: Prof Tom Stoneham
|PVC Learning and Teaching
||Prof John Robinson
|The Registrar and Secretary
||Dr David Duncan
|The Director of Finance
||Rod Peet, Deputy Director of Finance (alternate)
|The Director of Facilities Management
||Tim Bird (alternate)
|The Deputy Director of Information (Library)
|The Deputy Director of Information (IT Services)
|The Head of Systems
|Strategic Systems Programme Manager
|Business Systems Development Managers, Projects Managers and others as appropriate.
Back to the Top