Nursing & Midwifery students 2013/14
If you are studying a Nursing Extended Degree course at York College please read the information for Extended Degree students.
For 2013/14, Nursing and Midwifery students will be accommodated in self-catering rooms in Alcuin, Derwent, Halifax and James Colleges.
Application and allocation
If you are a Nursing or Midwifery student you will apply online for accommodation in the same way as other Undergraduate students but some aspects of the application and allocation process will be different for you:
- You will choose the Nursing & Midwifery application type when you apply online
- When you apply, you will have a more restricted choice of accommodation than students on other courses
- You will be accommodated with other Nursing & Midwifery students where possible in order to minimise disturbances for you and other students when you are working shifts
- You will not be allocated to catered rooms because of your shift work
Although you will be living with students on similar courses, your neighbours in adjoining flats will be on different courses and there will be ample opportunity for you to mix with other students in your College.
- Your let length will be 40 weeks and will end on 05 July 2014. This is the same let length that is offered to other Undergraduates
- Most private sector contracts start in July so this let length allows you to choose to stay on campus or move into the private sector during your second year
- If you wish to stay on campus during the summer vacation period, you will be guaranteed accommodation
Connect with us: