Students with Additional Requirements
1. When to apply
If you need a particular room type (e.g. en-suite room) or location for health, mobility or welfare reasons, you can apply as soon as you have accepted your course offer at York.
- Please make your application as early as possible. You do not need to wait until you have received your exam results.
- If your application is approved you do not need to apply using the online accommodation application system.
- If your application is approved we will automatically send you a room booking.
- You should only complete the additional requirements form if you have a medical or documented welfare need for a particular room type or location.
All other undergraduate and postgraduate students should apply using the online accommodation application system.
2. How to apply
- Complete the Additional Requirements form
- Send us supporting documentary evidence from an appropriate professional (e.g. GP or consultant).
- If another University Department (e.g. Disabilities Office), has already received your medical evidence, please indicate this when completing your form.
- It is important that you provide the fullest possible details of your accommodation requirements so that we can offer you the most suitable accommodation.
- Our priority is to meet your requirements but we will also take into consideration any preferences you have indicated.
- You do not need to apply using the online accommodation application system if your additional requirements form is approved.
- The evidence provided must be from an appropriate professional (e.g. GP or consultant) and must confirm your need for a specific room type or location. We have provided some Guidance notes (PDF , 603kb) for you to pass on to the professional supporting your application.
- Please send the evidence to email@example.com, quoting your full name and Student ID number
- This application process is separate from any other process you may have completed for other departments within the University of York.
4. Your room booking
If your application is approved, you will receive details of your room booking by email which you must then accept online.
New students will be asked to pay £260 as part of the acceptance process.
- Continuing students (UG & PG) - you will receive an email with your room booking details as soon as your application has been approved.
- New postgraduates - you will receive an email with your room booking details after you have confirmed your course place.
- New undergraduates - you will receive an email with your room booking details in August, after you have confirmed your course place.
Connect with us: